Bangkok Climate & Temperature
- Bangkok, Thailand is at 13°43'N, 100°33'E, 4 m (14 ft). See map.
- Bangkok has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bangkok is situated in or near the tropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 27.8 degrees Celsius (82 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.1 °C (7.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1498 mm (59 inches) which is equivalent to 1498 Litres/m² (36.74 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Bangkok you would come out nearest to the climate station at Lima, Peru where you would find a Subtropical desert climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Bangkok, Thailand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: